Active users

From: Mary Grimley <mgrimley_at_ems.cdc.com>
Date: 24 Nov 92 16:14:28 GMT

I am looking for a way for a Pro*C program to retrieve a list of all the users who are currently using the database. I have been reading through the data dictionary views but I do not see any views that identify the active users.

Does anyone know how to get this information?

My operating environment is as follows:
- ORACLE RDBMS V7.0.9.3.2 on an IBM RS/6000 AIX system.

  • I am not planning on using Oracle's auditing feature.
  • My database is a stand-alone database, not a distributed database.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mary

Mary Grimley                                   email: mgrimley_at_ems.cdc.com
Empros Systems International                   phone: (612) 553-4763
2300 Berkshire Lane North                      Facility Code: PLY008
Plymouth, MN 55441 USA