Macintosh-->SQL*NET--->HP-9000

From: <etche_at_onecert.fr>
Date: 24 Nov 92 10:21:40 GMT

 Hi,

 We have an ORACLE database v 6.0 (soon v 7.0) on HP-9000 serie 850.  We plan to develop an application of student's management (name,  address, marks, ...)
 running on a macintosh and manipulating the HP ORACLE database.

 The students management is divided in 2 parts :

  • Updating the database with input screens from the Macintosh.
  • Querying the database to produce reports or data about student's results with the possibility of processing those data with software like excel,word,etc ...

 For the moment, we think at Supercard or Hypercard for the first part  and 2nd Wind or Clear Access for the second part.

 What do you think of it ?

 Thanks in advance !

  • email : etche_at_onecert.fr -------
  • ENSAE, -------