Re: how to insert datetime in PRO*C

From: Mark McGregor <mmcgreg_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 21 Nov 92 21:41:10 GMT

: exec sql execute s1 using :var1,:var2,to_date(....) does not work

Are you sure this does not work? I use this construct regularly. I Handle all dates in the format YYYYMMDDHH24MISS (mostly because the Oracle date format is functionally useless for anything) and so I have to use this sort of construct all the time. However, I do not usually use the prepare and execute statement.

  1. Did you use to_date( :v3, "mm/dd/yy hh24:mi" )?
  2. Did you print out the values to make sure they were correct?