Re: SNMP/SMP MIB for Oracle from Oracle?

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 22:38:54 GMT

In article <1992Nov17.053940.14114_at_cmutual.com.au>, aaj_at_cmutual.com.au (Tony Jambu)
> In article <1992Nov12.022001.6131_at_indetech.com>, rec_at_indetech.com () writes:
> >
> > I've heard a glimmer of a rumor that Oracle may have made available
> > an SNMP or SMP Management Information Base for Oracle databases.
> >
> > 1. Is there such a beast?
> >
> > 2. What sort of proxy-agent technology does it require?
> >
> > 3. Is this a "real" Oracle product, a "consulting" Oracle product,
> > or a "future" Oracle product?
.
.
stuff deleted

> Yes there is such a beast out there and it is called DDS/Patrol (ie if it
> is what you are referring to). DDS stands for distributed Data Systems The
> product is written by a company in Sydney, Australia and Oracle financed
> part of the development. One of the main developers name is Martin
> Picard. Yes, all you Oracle staff out there, Martin Picard was a former
> Oracle staff who used to work in the networking area.

.
.
stuff deleted

Sorry, I forgot that there is another product on the market that is based on SNMP and has a customise/private MIB (Management Information Base) for Oracle. The name of the product is iView. I just received information on this product last week. Again this product comes with the Manager and Agent module. It comes with an Agent kit that allows you to define your own private MIB.

I do not know who developed the product, but if you want an Australian contact phone number, send me an email or give me a call.

--
 _____       ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
  /_  __       /_ __ /       |Colonial Mutual Life Australia. (ACN 004021809)