Re: I heard a Rumor about Oracle 7 and Forms

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1992 18:32:01 GMT

In article <13NOV199213095729_at_erich.triumf.ca> grant_at_erich.triumf.ca (Peter A. Grant) writes:
>In article <1992Nov13.184731.21707_at_cs.rochester.edu>, zhang@cs.rochester.edu (Zhang Ju) writes...
>>
>>I heard a rumor which goes that the delay of ORACLE 7 is because of its
>>incompatibility with Forms 3. So Oracle 7 is actually waiting for Forms 4.
>

>That's the first I've heard of that rumor! From all that I've seen or
>heard ORACLE7 supports SQL*Forms 2.3 and 3.0. It's being released before
>Forms 4.0 is even out in beta (GUI - text mode it is already I believe).
>
>I think that rumor is completely false...

[long .sig deleted]

SQL*Forms 3.0 is supported against ORACLE7. SQL*Forms 2.3 is not, although Applications customers using Application Object Library (Application Foundation) are still supported with it. Please contact your local support organization if you want to clarify your support status.

  • Dennis Moore, my own opinions, etcetcetc