Using char pointers with Pro*C

From: Alan Beal <ALANB_at_OWGVM0.VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 92 07:21:32 EST

We are trying to use char * in SELECT INTO statements with Pro*C (version 7.0.9) on an RS/6000. We are getting segmentation faults when we try to SELECT INTO more than one char *. Are there any gotchas that one must watch out for? Also, the columns being SELECTed are VARCHAR2 NOT NULL. Does anyone have any examples that work? Is there a general rule of thumb on using CHAR arrays with VARCHAR2 columns? Thanks.

Alan Beal         alanb_at_owgvm0.vnet.ibm.com
                  (607)751-2026