textual query

From: Mark Acfield <AC_at_vm.utcs.utoronto.ca>
Date: Monday, 9 Nov 1992 18:52:41 EST

We are interested in building a database application using Oracle if possible. The application may in fact consist of only a single table but the tricky part is that some of the fields will consist of freeform text (as much as 10 pages) amd we wish to be able to query the database to find all records that contain some particular word, phrase or perhaps combination of words. We were wondering if anyone sells a oracle based add-on package that does this sort of thing. We have just heard of SQL*TextRetrieval from Oracle but don't yet know too much about it. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of problem? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Mark Acfield - ac_at_vm.utcs.utoronto.ca
University of Toronto Computing and Communications Technology Support Received on Mon Nov 09 1992 - 17:52:41 CST