HELP with complex view?

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: 9 Nov 92 23:27:31 GMT

I am trying to do something in a view that I can't figure out.

I have a table with a column of type CHAR(25) and need it to appear in the view as CHAR(255). It would normally be easy to just use RPAD() to pad the column out to 255 characters, but I don't want any trailing blanks in the data retrieved from the view.

I thought of using this:

RPAD(column,255,NULL) to pad it out with the NULL value. It did indeed return a column with a length of 255, but ALL of the data was gone.

HELP HELP HELP

Steve Schow | But you don't have to use the claw, if you sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw...... | Have I given you a clue......? | - Baloo the Bear