Re: Anyone Else Having Major Problems with SQL*Menu Core Dumping?

From: Andy Finkenstadt <andy_at_homebase.vistachrome.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1992 17:11:05 GMT

Known problem if only you talk to the UNIX people, not the TOOLS people. Go into the makefile for sqlmenu5 ($ORACLE_HOME/menu5/lib)

-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 10196 Oct 30 14:14 sqlmenu5.mk

and find the line that contains "-lmalloc". REMOVE just the "-lmalloc" part leaving behind the remainder of the libraries specified. Now relink and install Sql*Menu 5.0 by running (as user oracle) "update install"   $ cd $ORACLE_HOME/install
  $ oracle.install menu5

Have everyone quit from sqlmenu50/runmenu50 before this, though, and make sure you have about 15 megabytes free where /usr/oracle lives.

-andy

--
Andrew Finkenstadt, Vista-Chrome, Inc., Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
GEnie Unix RoundTable Manager, andy_at_vistachrome.com, andy_at_genie.geis.com.