Re: Oracle 7.0.9.3, XA, and Encina

From: Nick Roworth <nroworth_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 6 Nov 92 09:52:05 GMT

In article <3190_at_nlsun1.oracle.nl>, kverruyt_at_nl.oracle.com (Kees Verruyt) writes:
|> Alan Beal writes:
|> > Has anyone been successful using Oracle 7.0.9.3 with Transarc Encina
|> > 1.0.1a using the XA interface? Using embedded SQL, we get data
|> > retrieved on the first Encina transaction and then get invalid
|> > cursor after that (sqlcode = 1001). Oracle Support will not help
|> > because it is not a production product. Any ideas?
|> >
|> > Alan Beal alanb_at_owgvm0.vnet.ibm.com
|>
|> Alan,
|>
|> I struggled with this myself -- just compile your Pro*C program with
|>
|> EXEC ORACLE OPTION (RELEASE_CURSOR=YES);
|>
|> Otherwise the Pro*C cursor cache gets in the way: Even if you CLOSE a cursor,
|> Pro*C tries to keep it open.
|>
|> It should work fine after that.
|>
|> Note: Since this is ORACLE7, closing a cursor in the front-end isn't so bad since
|> the parsed SQL is kept around in the ORACLE7 server SGA.

An easier way to do this is to set the flag when using proc to compile the program Just set release_cursor=yes in the makefile for the proc options.

--
Nick Roworth, ORACLE Europe             "Bugs Mr. Rico! Zillions of 'em!"
Rijnzathe 6, NL-3454 PV De Meern        Starship Troopers - Robert A. Heinlein