Need help with Forms 2.3

From: Steve Stasukewicz <sstasuke_at_ncrsoph.Sophia.NCR.COM>
Date: 5 Nov 92 14:56:15 GMT

I'm using Forms 2.3 with Oracle V6 and have the following problem:

I'm trying to create a multi-row block that contains 3 columns of data. Each column on the form comes from a different table in the database. I have the block defined to have 10 rows. If the query retrieves more than 10 rows I would like to be able to scroll downwards when I reach the last row on the screen. My first problem is how to populate the block. Currently I have something like this that doesn't work at all.

select table1.field1, table2.field2, table3.field3 into block1.f1, block1.f2, block1.f3
from table1, table2, table3
where ( join condition to join 3 tables )

This will retrieve a single row and put it into the correct fields on the form, but it will not populate rows 2 thru 9 in the block. ( I know there is more than 1 record that meets the criteria.) What am I doing wrong? If it's not already obvious, I'm new to Forms. Please HELP!

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Steve.Stasukewicz_at_sophia.NCR.FR
NCR Europe Group ISS/ECS
Espaces De Sophia
25 Route de Lucioles                   Tel. (33) 92.94.45.12
06560 Valbonne FRANCE                  Fax. (33) 92.94.45.45