What really bugs you about XXX RDBMS ?

From: Aniruddha Kortikar <kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com>
Date: 4 Nov 92 19:27:45 GMT

I could have reprhased the question above as 1. What is your wish list about ...
2. what is really good about your rdbms ... but I think we are much quicker to think about limitations of our rdbms since we had to struggle with them for so long ... for oracle some answers might be

1. lack of statistical optmizer
2. lack of proper 4 gl ( with print statements .. xbase lang is very powerful)
3. lack of good reportwriter (like Fox or paradox or UNIFY's rpt)
.... etc

if you mention great points , I will summarize them too. 1. better performance tuning options.
2. v7 goodies such as integrity checks, 2pc etc.

Aniruddha Kortikar (kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com)

E-mail 	: kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com | for every action there is an
Phone(W): 408 765 5515              | equal and opposite government program.