Re: How to enhance the forms?

From: Andy Finkenstadt <andy_at_homebase.vistachrome.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1992 15:21:20 GMT

s897336_at_minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Lip Meng Soh) writes:
>Is there any possible way to make the blocks in the form transparent to users?
>That's user dont need to keep track of which block he/she is presently
>in and to press 'KP--' to move to next block.

Yes. My solution on keyboard terminals tends to be:

  KEY-NXTFLD trigger on the LAST field in a block where you want to switch   to the next block:

	NEXT_FIELD;
	NEXT_BLOCK;

The Next_Field trigger forces ON-VALIDATE field where appropriate, ON-VALIDATE record where appropriate, and leaves context in the SAME block before moving to the next block.

-Andy

--
Andrew Finkenstadt, Vista-Chrome, Inc., Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
GEnie Unix RoundTable Manager, andy_at_vistachrome.com, andy_at_genie.geis.com.