Oracle shutdown on Sun

From: Jared Hecker <jared.hecker_at_factory.com>
Date: 31 Oct 92 21:41:00 GMT

TO: gml_at_icf.hrb.com (Gretchen M. Lenze) GM> Does anyone know a graceful means of shutting down the ORACLE RDBMS under
GM> SunOS? Documentation suggests running dbshut utility from the shutdown5 GM> file, but the shutdown5 file does not exist on our system.

Gretchen, what's wring with the 'sqldba shutdown' command? Just issue it from the command line. You can even use it in a shell script if you need to cron your backup job.

hth

jh

---
 . RoseReader 1.70 G002691: You asked for it...