Calling SQL*Forms from c

From: Stephane Hamel <shamel_at_mais.hydro.qc.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1992 15:27:05 GMT

Ok, simply put, calling an SQL*Forms from C can be done like this:   status = iapcal("x form_name user/passwd");

I would like to initialize some global variables (or even better, some block.field values) before using iapcal.

I tried this:
  EXEC IAF PUT global.test VALUES ('Hello world');   i = iapcal("x TEST");

It compile and run well, but the global.test variable is not initialized when I do
  MESSAGE('global.test=['||:global.test||']'); in the KEY-STARTUP trigger...

Any idea on how to do this?

User exits would work, but everything I need is there, so user exits would be a waste of time and resources.

--
 Stephane Hamel (SHamel_at_Mais.Hydro.Qc.Ca) | AutoControl Inc.
 Senior Programmer-Analyst                | Montreal, Quebec, Canada