Re: Help for Pro*C problem on Apollo (ACK)

From: Brent Lambert <brent_at_spss.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1992 18:51:38 GMT

In article <1992Oct27.175548.3913_at_ncube.com>, sbh_at_ncube.com (Shawn Honess) writes:
> Hello,
>
> Running the program in a debugging
> environment reveals that the crash occurs in the "sqlsca(&sqlca)"
> call; the first line of actual ORACLE code!!! The error message
> which the debugger gives is:
>
> > Segmentation fault in sqlalc.sqlhch at \

      line 358 in file "//phoenix/src1/6030/sqllib/sql/sqlalc.c"
> > couldn't read "//phoenix/src1/6030/sqllib/sql/sqlalc.c"
>
> This is the strange part. We don't have, and never have had a
> machine named "phoenix". We have no directories named "src1", and
> I cannot find any file anywhere called "sqlalc.c".

Somehow, you seem to have gotten one or more debuggable libraries from Oracle. Unless debug info cannot be stripped from libraries on the Apollo, I would be disturbed. If you have support, get new libraries. If you don't ...

Also, make sure you're using the precompiler and libraries from teh same version of Pro*C (not the precompiler for the old Apollos and the libraries for the new Apollos).

--
The above statements are not the opinions or policies of SPSS Inc.
The above statements may not be the opinions of Brent Lambert.