SQL*Menu with multiple applications

From: james.jurista <jurista_at_cbnewsg.cb.att.com>
Date: 27 Oct 92 15:20:38 GMT

This is a SQL*Menu problem. We have a pretty large menu system that contains several applications. Most of the applications are just ring menus that are associated with various SQL*Forms applications.

We have an [Exit] key that is used to exit a menu and return to the previous one. From our main menu (the application menu that is run when the users enter our entire system), this [Exit] key causes control to be transferred to the SQL*Menu "Application" menu, which lists all available applications. This is our problem. We like using the [Exit] key to travel up the menu heirarchy, but we'd like to find a way to keep that key from allowing the user to go to the application menu.

I suspect that this can be done by reorganizing the menu system so that the "main" menu in our system equates to SQL*Menu's application menu. We would prefer, however, to find a way to limit the user from doing this within our current structure.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jim Jurista Received on Tue Oct 27 1992 - 16:20:38 CET

Original text of this message