How to insert null columns in a view?

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1992 21:23:17 GMT

I need to create a view that has various columns from several tables as well as a few columns with nothing but null values in them. If I use an alias, I can name these null columns and I can put the literal value of null into them, but what if I want a particular column to be a char(10) column with nothing but nulls?

Any help?

I figured a work around by just selecting from a dummy table that has just one record with a char(10) column containing null. But I would rather not have to select from a table.

Thanks in advance

Steve Schow | But you don't have to use the claw, if you sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw...... | Have I given you a clue......? | - Baloo the Bear