SQL*FORMS Help Needed

From: Nancie Marin <nancie_at_hal.CSS.GOV>
Date: 26 Oct 92 14:00:14 GMT

Hi All,

I'm trying to design an SQL form and I have run into a problem concerning triggers. I would like to re-define the INSERT syntax used by FORMS for inserting a record into the database (i think).

Some background: I have designed a form that allows users input information which when inserted should create more that one row in the database, actually 6 rows. This was done to reduce having users type in duplicate information for the other fields. For example The table consists of 10 fields, 5 of which will change for up to 3 records. I'm not even sure if this is a valid usage for FORMS.

Is there a way to override the default INSERT information with a trigger? I've read over the documentation in the Designer's Reference Manual, but there is no mention of a way to re-define the action taken for inserting a row, only that you can execute triggers to happen both before and after the insert.

I am using SQL*FORMS Version 2.3 on a Sun SPARCstation 1.

I can recieve responses to both this newsgroup and my e-mail address.

THANKS!

Nancie P. Marin NET: nancie_at_neko.css.gov
ENSCO Inc.         MAIL: 445 Pineda Ct.  Melbourne, Fl.  32940
(407)254-4122      FAX:  (407)254-3293