Re: Oracle shutdown on Sun

From: Jan Wortelboer <janw_at_fwi.uva.nl>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1992 18:41:06 GMT

jwc_at_icf.hrb.com (John W. Cieply) writes:

>The system that Oracle is running on is being used by multiple projects.
>We use the /etc/shutdown command to halt the system, but this command
>is generic and does not know how the shutdown oracle.

>We are wondering what procedures are in place for other Sun based systems
>for halting their systems?

If solaris 2.0 is SystemV.4 alike you can place startup/shutdown script's in /etc/rc?.d like S99oracle to start and K00oracle to stop.

Otherwise you have to replace the halt and shutdown executables by shellscript's that executes first shutdb. And startdb is simply to be placed in rc.local.

jan.

--
Jan Wortelboer,  University of Amsterdam
                 Computer Science Department  Email: janw_at_fwi.uva.nl