LIST OF VALUES - FORMS

From: VINAY GIDWANI <vkg1_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1992 21:53:39 GMT

I am trying to create a pop-up list of values that lets the operator select from a list of values. Following an example in the designers reference manual (Pg 12-18) I have my SQL text as follows:

SELECT AREAS, AREA_NAME
INTO :STUDENT_TABLE.AREAS
FROM CONC_AREAS   I need the AREA_NAME only as a cross-reference , so that it is easier for the operator, but only AREAS are to be selected and inserted into STUDENT_TABLE.

When I run this , the list of values appears as a window with no values.

Conversely if I write my SQL text as

SELECT AREAS
INTO :STUDENT_TABLE.AREAS
FROM CONC_AREAS The list of values pop up shows the values, but with this ofcourse I do not get the AREA_NAME as the cross reference list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Vinay

email : vkg1_at_ra.msstate.edu
.