Anyone Have SQL*Forms 3.0 Trigger Text They'd Like to Share?

From: scott.d.brenner <sbrenner_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1992 20:41:01 GMT

It's me again! Thanks to those of you who responded to my previous posts about removing the "Count: X" line and using the ring menu. I'll post a summary of responses next week after I've tried out the ideas.

Now I'm entering trigger-land. I've read the Designer's Reference, worked through the Designer's Tutorial, and looked at the example forms. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of _usable_ example triggers in the manuals. I don't really know PL/SQL and I think that's what you're supposed to use to write trigger text if you need to do 'logical' things (i.e. validate entered data against tables and other values).

Does anyone have any nice triggers they'd be willing to show me? I don't want you to give me anything proprietary or anything you might get in trouble for. I really just need to see examples of how to do basic things with triggers and the syntax of the trigger text.

If I get any worthwhile stuff, I'll post a summary.

a T d H v A a N n K c S e

Scott D. Brenner
AT&T Consumer Communications Services
Basking Ridge, NJ