OCI call to 'oclose' takes > 30 seconds!

From: Brian Childs <brian_at_panix.com>
Date: 23 Oct 92 00:06:02 GMT

I have written a VERY simple client/server program using oracles OCI library.

I run an application which:

  1. issues a moderately complicated query.
  2. issues three very simple querys, and closes the cursors associated with them.
  3. then closes the cursor for the complicated query.

the problem is when I close the cursor it takes oracle ~35 seconds to return from the oclose.

This is driving me crazy!!
if anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,
Brian Received on Fri Oct 23 1992 - 01:06:02 CET

Original text of this message