SQL*Forms and uxw___ routines

From: karlene audd <audd_at_ferranti.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1992 18:03:40 GMT

I am writing a C user exit that uses the ORACLE provided pop-up window routines (uxw___) under SQL*Forms 3.0.16.5.1 . A brief description of the available routines are at the end of chapter 19 in the SQL*Forms Designer's Reference.

My question is: Has anybody else used these routines? If so, have you

                 tried a more than one window scheme?

I successfully write and display text in a window using uxwadd, uxwsho, uxwpus, uxwpop and uxwact. But the text I want to display is longer than the pop-up window and these routines do not provide scrolling.

Therefore, I am attempting to re-invent the wheel. I plan to use a three window scheme to implement half-page scrolling. However, when I run after adding the logic for a second window, the data for the first window disappears or quickly flashes to the screen and then disappears.

The sequence of events is:

uxwadd window_1       (create window 1)
uxwadd window_2       (create window 2)

uxwsho window_1       (display window 1)  **uxwsho statement after
uxwsho window_2       (display window 2)    uxwpus statement does not help

uxwpus window_1       (write text to window 1)
uxwpop window_1       (pop window 1 to top)
uxwact window_1       (make window 1 active window)

uxwpus window_2       (write text to window 2)

When I execute this logic, window 1 comes up blank! If I delete all references to window 2, the text appears in the window.

Has anyone had any experience with these routines?

Thanks,

Karlene Audd Received on Tue Oct 20 1992 - 19:03:40 CET

Original text of this message