Forms 3.0: Can I Remove the "Count: X" From the Status Line?

From: scott.d.brenner <sbrenner_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1992 19:32:58 GMT

I've just started working with SQL*Forms 3.0. The person I'm developing the forms for doesn't like the rows retrieved counter in the status line because it's confusing. If you move "forward" through your retrieved rows, the counter increments, as I'd expect. But if you move "backward" through the rows (i.e. [Previous Record]), the counter just stays where it is. It seems logical for it to decrement so you have some idea of what record you're on.

So...

Is there a way I can just "turn off" the "Count: X" string? I figure I can put my own "Record X of Y" in a block and have the 'X' increment and decrement as the user moves back and forth through the rows.

Please respond via e-mail since I'm forever falling behind in reading netnews.

a T d H v A a N n K c S e

Scott D. Brenner
AT&T Consumer Communications Services
Basking Ridge, NJ