sqlmenu 5.0

From: <simon.rear_at_almac.co.uk>
Date: 19 Oct 92 18:30:53 GMT

Hi all,

I'm about to use SQL Menu 5.0 for the first time. I've already skimmed through the manual - looks straight forward ... but,

The application in question has certain menu options which should be disabled dependent upon the contents of a control table. As I understand there is a SQLMenu packaged procedure to disable menu items on the fly, and they can also be disabled dependent upon the user's role etc.

What I need is the ability to query the control table upon calling RunMenu and set a couple of global variables for use throughout Menu, Forms and Reports. Which could be used to determine if certain menu options are appropriate regardless of the users security.

Can this be done?? or should I approach the problem from a different angle eg call a dummy form with an appropriate trigger which simply calls the application menu after assigning the global variables.

Any help appreciated...

Simon.Rear_at_Almac.Co.Uk
---

 ~ OLX 2.1 TD ~ Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
--

ALMAC BBS Ltd. 0324-665371
Dos based USENET access, call for details! Received on Mon Oct 19 1992 - 19:30:53 CET

Original text of this message