Pro*C vs. Oracle Call Interface...

From: Dave Madden <dave_at_gough.GoldCoast.co.jp>
Date: 16 Oct 92 00:49:57 GMT

Hello, world.

  I've been writing C/Oracle programs under a very old version of Oracle for DOS (around 5.1, I think), and I found the Oracle Call Interface routines *much* easier to use than the Pro*C preprocessor, so that's what I've been using. Now, though, I've moved to v6 under Unix, and I find that the OCI routines are no longer documented in the Pro*C manual (although they are still in the library and my programs still work).
  My questions are, should I change my programs to use Pro*C? Should I write future programs using Pro*C instead of OCI? Does anybody else prefer OCI to Pro*C?

Thanks,
dave

L = dave madden                         i don't know about your brain, = L

= dave_at_gcosaka.goldcoast.co.jp but mine is really ... bossy. =
P = gold coast productions l. anderson = P
= 4-2-9 kyutaro-cho 3f =
F = chuo-ku, osaka japan 541 = F
============[country code 81]=vox:6-241-6353=fax:6-241-0189=============== Received on Fri Oct 16 1992 - 01:49:57 CET

Original text of this message