Re: MAC Oracle Puzzle

From: George Oliver <oliver_at_delphi>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1992 15:02:57 GMT

simard_at_vax.sonoma.edu wrote:
: We have about 100 MAC's running Oracle for MacIntosh both versions
: 1.2 and 2.0, all in a client/server relationship with Oracle under
: VMS. On some MAC's whenever Oracle Shell (V1.2) or SQL*Plus (v2.0)
: is run all MicroSoft Word documents assume the icon and data type of
: a SQL document and can no longer be launched by double clicking
: them. If Word is launched first all the Doc's can be opened and they
: appear as unaltered Word Docs. The machines which do this have been
: checked for virus etc and none have been found.
:
: Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes? Why should Oracle only
: affect MS Word and not Excell etc, and why on only some machines?
:
: Puzzled
: Ernie
: Simard_at_Sonoma.Edu

We had the same problem here when we spooled output to a file. This was in V1.2. We called Oracle about it and they didn't have a fix for it. Sorry. What happens, is that the bundle bit on all MS Word documents. Strange. I don't no if this is still a feature of V2.0

Good luck,

George Oliver
NRaD, Code 423
email oliver_at_nosc.mil Received on Thu Oct 15 1992 - 16:02:57 CET

Original text of this message