Trigger problem in Form3.0

From: marc.colten <colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1992 13:58:22 GMT

I need some advice on a problem I'm having with triggers.

Basically what I am trying to do is call up a LOV without the F6 key. My idea was to create a one character field and execute LIST_VALUES(NO_RESTRICT); if they go to that field and enter a "Y". The problem is LIST_VALUES is so restricted you practically can't use it - except with ON-NEW-FIELD-INSTANCE and they is wrong for me. I tried POST-CHANGE and it rejected.

I tried "KEY-F1" and that didn't take and then I had the most horrifying experience. I tried "KEY-OTHERS" because the book said that this would activate when I pressed a key "that could have a function but didn't". Great, I thought, I'll use this trigger and when I press F1 (which tells me it's unassigned) it will work.

Well - F1 didn't activate the trigger (it still said "unassigned") but every other function did! Include "quit" from the button menu. I couldn't get out of the form. Whenever I chose quit or anything else it attempted to bring up a LOV for the field I was in. I went to another window and killed the process - but the form wouldn't die! It was still up and running an LOV if I tried quit.

Does anyone know a way I can do this? I see that forms has "buttons" and "check" items, but does not provide them for our use. Please e-mail any ideas as I don't get on here as much as I like.

thanks

marc colten Received on Tue Oct 13 1992 - 14:58:22 CET

Original text of this message