How to DROP "PUBLIC ROLLBACK" Segment ?

From: Garth Kennedy <garth_at_.comm.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1992 12:47:13 GMT

Subject: Trouble Dropping a PUBLIC ROLLBACK SEGMENT

I have a system from which I wish to drop a PUBLIC ROLLBACK SEGMENT. If I read the DBA manual, I am supposed to shut the database down and restart it in an EXCLUSIVE mode. At this point the STATUS of the ROLLBACK SEGMENT is supposed to be available, so it can be DROPPED.

Problem is that it still shows as being IN USE. Taking the ROLLBACK SEGMENT out of the init file does not make any difference.

If I create a ROLLBACK SEGMENT not declaring it as PUBLIC, this all works as described.

The question is how can I drop a ROLLBACK SEGMENT that was originally declared as PUBLIC ??

E-Mail responses would be appreciated. I will distribute a summary.

Thanks
 Garth e-mail garth_at_comm.mot.com

| Garth Kennedy Internet: garth_at_comm.mot.com |
| Shared Systems/Component Products |
| Factory Systems Internal Mail: IL02-2317 |