Universal Key Mapping for SQL*Forms 3.0

From: Schillinger <rz34_at_hp850.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1992 10:09:49 GMT

We're using ORACLE v.6.0.34.2.1, SQL*Forms v.3.0.16.8.1 on a HP/UX 9000 Series 800. As terminals, we use vt220 (actually something called pctcp if that means anything to anyone?) (on PCs) and hpterm.

I'm trying to set up a universal (uniform) key mapping for Forms so that no matter what kind of terminal you're on, the function keys remain the same. I know this subject has come up a few times in this group, and I've even got copies of those dORACLE*Terminal handbook.

I've tried the *u.r files which exist (in $oracle_home/forms30/admin/resource), i.e. att600u.r, att730u.r, vt100u.r, vt220u.r, etc., but they don't work. That is, a few keys work, but many don't.

So, I tried creating my own resource file. I copied oraterm.r, renamed it to karenterm.r, and in it copied the device vt220, naming it pctcp. I altered karenterm.r by changing the escape sequences under Device Key Definition. (I got the escape sequences by pressing ctrl-v then the key in the vi editor.)

Again, the problem is that some keys work and some don't. The function keys 1 thru 4 work on the pc and on hpterm but I can't get f5 thru 58 to work on the pc (they work on hpterm).

I've kept the keys (1) to only those which are common to both the hp and to the pc and (2) have tried to make the functions based on the function keys, similar to WordPerfect (e.g. F1 is List, Ctrl-F1 is Menu, Shift-F1 is Block Menu, etc.), so that I could use a template on the keyboard. Number (2) is not essential, of course, but number (1) is.

I use the following command to call up Forms:

sqlforms30 -c karenterm:pctcp

and

sqlforms30 -c karenterm:hpterm

Does anyone have any general information and/or tips on things I could check for?

Thanks in advance!

Karen
rz34_at_hp850.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de

P.S. Please reply via E-Mail. I'll post a summary if I get enough responses. Received on Mon Oct 12 1992 - 11:09:49 CET

Original text of this message