ORACLE<>INTERLINK<>ORACLE

From: <pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 12 Oct 92 09:14:01 +1000

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just spent 11 hours trying to move data from VMS to MVS via an INTERLINK gateway box. Much as I like the double-time overtime money I am really getting !_at_#$%^&*'ed OFF.

Heeeeeeeeeeelp.

Is there anybody out there using ORACLE and INTERLINK successfully?

Is there anybody out there using INTERLINK at all?

I'm having communications links that run successfully for a random time and then suddenly drop out with a communication break for no apparent reason.

  IMP-00003: ORACLE error 6402 encountered   ORA-06402: NETCMN: error receiving break message

I'm running Oracle V6.0.34 (VMS) and V6.0.33 (MVS).

Our Systems Programmers (MVS) say its an INTERLINK problem. Our Communications people say its an ORACLE problem but as far as I can tell they don't have ANY tools to monitor whats happening in the INTERLINK box. Our Systems Programmers (VMS) say its a Communications problem.

I say its an INTERLINK problem.

The same job run INTERACTIVELY and in BATCH works INTERACTIVELY every time and intermittently in BATCH! The VAX Batch job has same resource settings as interactive session.

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au
                 ^^

* Bruce Pihlamae -- Database Administration *
* Commonwealth Department of Health, Housing & Community Services *
* Canberra, Australia (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have. *