Re: Recovering ORACLE db after system crash

From: Neil Greene <deepthought!neil_at_ms.uky.edu>
Date: 9 Oct 92 13:39:03 GMT

In article <1992Oct8.225459.18039_at_gbrmpa.gov.au> wayne_at_gbrmpa.gov.au (Wayne Amisano) writes:
> hans_at_iris.mincom.oz.au (Hans Plambeck) writes:

[stuff deleted]

I was wondering if some knowledgeable oracle dba with experience in recovering from several system crashes (instance, power, media, etc.) could post a short message outlining the things to consider and steps to follow in order to perform successful database recoveries.

I have read the DBA manual, but it can be complicated at times and nowhere is there a section that just really says do this, do that.

Thanks in advance. Then again, proabaly the best way to learn would be the day I actually have to recover from some crashes. :-)

--
Neil Greene
President, Kentucky NeXT User Group, Inc.