Re: Oracle file managerCLOSE

From: <mannhart_at_rzu.unizh.ch>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1992 08:54:42 GMT

Terry Ball (ballt_at_osshe.edu) wrote:
: We currently have one database on a raw device. In order to make a backup
: of this database, we have a background process start up each evening to
: make an export of the database. It is NOT possible to make a backup of
: the files from the raw device.
:
: Terry Ball

So, all the time I did a "cpio" backup of my raw device, there actually was nothing in ???? I can't believe that . Somebody knows more about this ??? Thanks god nothing bad is happend 'til now (knock on wood)

LM

--
Leo Mannhart
Planning Office