Unix Environmental Variables Withim Menu 5

From: Ian Parkin <twod_at_socrates.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1992 21:21:34 +0000

Yep, time for another one of those things that has been bothering me about Oracle ....

OK, were running Menu 5 on a unix platform ( HP, but that is not important right now ), and would like to access a unix environmental variable for use in a global variable ( i.e. to set :global.shell_type = $SHELL ).

Is there a quick solution that can be used within menus to achieve this ( i.e. call to os_command or something similiar ). At the moment I'm think of a dummy form and user exit !!

Ian Parkin, twod_at_socrates.demon.co.uk Received on Thu Oct 08 1992 - 22:21:34 CET

Original text of this message