INTERLINK

From: <pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 8 Oct 92 14:05:57 +1000

I need assistance and advice regarding the use of Oracle V6 across an INTERLINK gateway joining VAX VMS (DECNET) sites and an Amdahl MVS site.

We are trying to use the MVS box as a database server for the VAX sites in CLIENT(VAX)/SERVER(MVS) operation.

We are having difficulties maintaining connections (they just seem to drop out randomly on large querries) and maintaining large numbers of connections (can only get ~80 users concurrently).

We have been in contact with Oracle Australia and the local INTERLINK supplier but they aren't much help.

We have a group looking at TCP/IP connections between VAX<->MVS but thats only just getting started.

I need to discuss our setup with someone who is operating in a similar environment successfully.

HELP.

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au
                 ^^

* Bruce Pihlamae -- Database Administration *
* Commonwealth Department of Health, Housing & Community Services *
* Canberra, Australia (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have. *