Re: Forms 4.0

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1992 06:32:03 GMT

In article <swhite.717433105_at_fncduc>, swhite_at_fncduc (Stephen White) writes:
> Has anyone heard any details on Sql*Forms V4.0? Such as when it will be
> released, what it will do and the platforms it will be on (Sun, Vax, Mac)?
>
> It would be real nice if one of you Oracle people would respond.

Forms 4.0 for character mode is in Beta mode and should be out in the next 6 months. At the IOUW, San Francisco, they were pushing this product quite a fair bit.

I was fortunate enough to see the latest version of Forms 4.0 (bitmap) at Oracle, Redwood Shores. It is very flexible and 'flash'. The bitmap version is in Alpha state and the word is, they are not intending to release it in the next 6-9 months. If it is as good as they make it out to be, then it will be worth the wait.

 _____       ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
  /_  __       /_ __ /       |Colonial Mutual Life Australia. (ACN 004021809)
 /(_)/ ((_/ \_/(///(/_)/_(   |EMAIL:  TJambu_at_cmutual.com.au