Re: Oracle Connect Performance

From: Craig Bergren <cbergren_at_shcamux1.NoSubdomain.NoDomain>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1992 23:06:52 GMT

In article <1992Sep28.193935.27363_at_eng.umd.edu>, hyu_at_eng.umd.edu (Henry K. Yu) writes:

|> If you are using Oracle Connect, would you like to share your experience
|> regarding its performance? I am specifically interested in using it
|> to tie together Oralce running on a Sparc 2 and Ingres running on a Sparc 2.
|>
|> Thanks,
|> hyu

We have had a problem with repeated connects using SQLNet on an HP-UX and Motorola 88k and 68k Unix boxes. Same error on different systems. Oracle error 6136. It seems that Oracle does not disconnect the old connections. The only way to solve the problem is to put in waits, which blow performance all to hell.

--

The views I hold are not mine, nor those of my employer.