Packet Switching

From: John Hawkins <johnh_at_nnshh127.uucp>
Date: 3 Oct 92 00:37:48 GMT

        My manager came to me with an interesting item, he stated when our users telnet in to our oracle application the packet switching contained only one character per packet. Hmmm this gets expensive when we are charged by the packet over our net. So of course before I knew what hit me I am to find out the reason's behind this. Now I know the basics of tcp/ip but haven't really done any serious network programming. So would somebody point me in the right direction? We are on hp800 series boxes with mac241 used to telnet into the host. The real concern is uping the packet content to the max number of bytes per packet.

thanks again to everyone,

John Hawkins

Please reply to: nvjhh01_at_NT.COM

disclaimer: I Heard it through the Grapevine. Received on Sat Oct 03 1992 - 01:37:48 CET

Original text of this message