usr exits and dll's

From: richard hajinlian <richard.hajinlian_at_channel1.com>
Date: 29 Sep 92 13:41:52 EST

I am writing a user exit under os/2 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if this seems ok under Oracle v6 and forms v 4?

I have a form that is supposed to call my C function upon entering a field. The C function does some socket calls to a remote system and returns a value for the form field.

My first thought is to have my C module a DLL and link the forms routine to it. So in a nutshell my questions are: 1.) Can I use a DLL as a user exit?
2.) Should the user exit call my c funtions or should the user exit be my functions?

Any comments would be appreciated.
  Thanks in advance people.

--
Channel 1 (R)   Cambridge, MA