Re: SQL-Loader

From: Jeff Whitmire <jwhit_at_wbst845e.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1992 18:49:41 GMT

In article <Sep29.172621.68343_at_yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU> ciuffoli_at_CS.ColoState.EDU (carlos edis ciuffoli) writes:

>Have any one loaded negative integers from a file using SQl-loader before ?
>I have looked in the manual (SQL loader) and it does not talk much about
>negative integers. I have defined this field as :
>
>..
>..
>I can't see anything wrong with the way I have things defined. However, I never have worked with this type of data.
>
>I appreciate any help, thanks.

I have recently tried to do the same thing with similar data. I had no luck and had to load the data as positive values, then run a SQL*Plus script to multiply all of the values by -1. This obviously will not work unless all of the values will be negative.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has found a better solution.

| Jeff Whitmire                     | Disclaimer:  My employer is not         |
| mail : jwhit_at_wbst845e.xerox.com   |              responsible for my         |
| voice: 716-422-5647               |              opinion.                   |