Why Are My SQL*Forms Key Mappings Wrong?

From: scott.d.brenner <sbrenner_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1992 20:22:25 GMT

It's me again! I'm now able to get into SQL*Forms 3.0, but something weird is going on with my keyboard mappings.

I'm playing around with vt100 now. I'm using an AT&T 6386 PC to access a 486 UNIX box via the TerraNova communications package running a vt100 emulation (or so I think!). My $TERM is set to "vt100". I get into Forms by typing "sqlforms30 -c vt100:vt100 user/password".

There is a discrepancy between the key functions as described in the "Oracle for UNIX" manual ('SQL*Forms Runform Keypad Layout for VT 100') and the key functions as shown on the "show keys" screen
(which I get when I hit <ctrl-k>).

For example, 'count query hits' is "Esc 4" in the manual layout page
(and /oracle/crt/admin/vt100.sql as well). But the show keys screen
tells me to hit "PF1 PF3". The PF1 PF3 sequence works, but Esc 4 does not.

Another example: 'redisplay' should be 'Esc R' or 'KP--' according to the manual layout. The show keys screens says to hit <ctrl-r> though and that's what works.

I'm having trouble with other keys as well. Actually there aren't many keys that work as expected. Some keys don't do anything at all or something completely different from what they should.

I'm waiting for a patch tape for ORACLE*Terminal to arrive. In the meantime, I'm trying to change my mappings by altering the (V2.3) vt100.sql file. I make the change, then I run the script to load the changes into the ESC table. This doesn't seem to be doing much though.

Is there any way to change my mappings for V3.0 Forms without using ORACLE*Terminal? If so, can someone very explicity state the procedure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

a T d H v A a N n K c S e

Scott D. Brenner
AT&T Consumer Communications Services
Basking Ridge, NJ
scott_at_cimu03.att.com -or- sbrenner_at_attmail.com