Re: How Do I Get SQL*Forms To Work On Different Terminals?

From: scott.d.brenner <sbrenner_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1992 17:32:00 GMT

>In article <1992Sep23.154407.21955_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com> I wrote:

> I'm new to SQL*Forms, and I'm having trouble right from the start.
> I'm trying to run it from an AT&T 6386 PC connected to a 486 UNIX
> box. The PC is emulating a 4410 via the TerraNova communications
> package. I've already run 'crt' which I assume uses .../crt/admin/4410.sql
> to create .../crt/admin/4410.crt. However, when I try to invoke
> SQL*Forms with "sqlforms30 -c 4410 user/password" I get this message:
>
> No such device to application map 4410 in terminal resource file oraterm.r.
> Error initializing IAD application.

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post, both here and via direct e-mail. Extra thanks go to Bill Kaufman at Oracle for a very detailed explanation of the difference between 2.3 and 3.0 and how to solve my problems. For those who are interested and don't already know the solution to my problems, I'll summarize briefly:

SQL*Forms 2.3 uses ".crt" files for its key mappings; SQL*Forms 3.0 uses ".r" (resource) files instead. To alter the mappings in 2.3, you change {terminal}.sql and run it to produce a new {terminal}.crt. In 3.0, you use the ORACLE*Terminal product to create or modify the {terminal}.r file.

Unfortunately for me, the version of ORACLE*Terminal that I have has a (known) bug in it. If I try to save my changes, it core dumps. Oops! The fine folks at Oracle know about this and are sending me a patch.

Scott D. Brenner
AT&T Consumer Communications Services
Basking Ridge, NJ
scott_at_cimu03.att.com -or- sbrenner_at_attmail.com