Re: dropping a PUBLIC rollback seg

From: <b_lmcgilve_at_cpvax.cpses.tu.com>
Date: 23 Sep 92 16:21:59 CDT

In article <1992Sep22.145815.336_at_condor.navsses.navy.mil>, system_at_condor.navsses.navy.mil writes:
> I have a group of users who are new ORACLE on the VAX as well as new DBAs. We
> are running ORACLE for VAX/VMS 6.0.36 (6.2). What the user wants to do is to
> DROP a public rollback segment that is current in use, as well as the
> tablespace that contains the rollback segment. He has tried the DROP PUBLIC
> ROLLBACK SEGMENT and DROP TABLESPACE and both commands returned the Rollback
> segment in use error. Is there a way to drop these rollback segments so he can
> drop or take the tablespaces off line?

Add a line to the init.ora file that says:

_offline_rollback_segment = (rollback2)

remove the name of the rollback segments from the list of rollback segments

rollback_segments = (rollback1, rollback3)

Take the database down and back up.
Then you can drop the rollback segment and drop the tablespace.

Laurel McGilvery			Not only do I not speak for the
CPSES (temporarily)			company, the company does not
Bechtel Corporation			speak for me.

All opinions expressed are obviously mine. Who else would own up to them? Received on Wed Sep 23 1992 - 23:21:59 CEST

Original text of this message