Anyone know the SQL*NET TCP/IP protocol?

From: John M. Sellens <jmsellen_at_watdragon.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1992 17:29:30 GMT

I can't seem to find documentation for how oracle clients and servers talk TCP/IP to each other. So, to save myself a lot of snooping and trial and error, does anyone know what protocol clients and servers use to talk between themselves, and/or where it's documented in what manual? It seems to start out with an exchange of ^_at_I, and then I think the client sends ^_at_sidname,:Zuserid^@, but that's as far as I've bothered to go so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John Sellens
U of Waterloo
jmsellens_at_watdragon.uwaterloo.ca Received on Tue Sep 22 1992 - 19:29:30 CEST

Original text of this message