Re: Can you disable EXIT key in SQL*MENUS ?

From: Shane Hocking <srh_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1992 02:01:16 GMT

In article <92260.212146U08991_at_uicvm.uic.edu> <U08991_at_uicvm.uic.edu> writes:
>Dear fellow netters:
>
> I have written an application using SQL*MENUS that calls
> forms generated by SQL*FORMS. The version of Oracle is
> 6.0...... The OS is Interactive Unix 3.2 . I am running
> the application on the Console and the terminal type
> is at386. In sql*forms, the EXIT key is F12 and the same
> key is the EXIT key in sql*menus. The problem is, if you
> hit the exit key more than once, it exits the sql*forms
> form and also the menu itself. Is there any way to disable
> the EXIT key in the MENUS part of the application while not
> affecting the EXIT key in SQL*FORMS? If that is not possible
> is there any way to get a warning or caution message/popup
> window that asks the user whether he wants to exit the MENU
> application?
>
> Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Anil Ladalla.

In oraterm, Enter the Product menu, position the cursor on the RUNFORM-RUNMENU Product name and hit the DUPLICATE-RECORD key

Rename the duplicated product to RUNMENU and hit ACCEPT

Then, Enter the Mapping menu and redefine the EXIT key to be something else.

Regards Shane

--
Shane Hocking       srh_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au