Re: Problem with EXIT_FORM (Domino-effect)

From: <sstephen_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1992 01:00:10 GMT

In article <1992Sep9.085923.44_at_bmwf1f.bmwf.gv.at>, hatzinger_m_at_bmwf1f.bmwf.gv.at writes:

> Hi,
>
> My english is not very good, but I hope you will understand me. I have a form
> which calls another form. And this form calls another form and another form
> and so on. Now if I press the <PAGE UP> key, I want to exit the current
> form. But if I press the <EXIT> key, I want to exit all forms, so I get
> back to the operating system or SQL*Menu.

 [Diagrams and triggers deleted]

> This is my solution, but is there any way to do this more easily ?
>
> Any ideas ?

> ^
> Federal Ministry of Science and Research B | M
> <-------------------------------------------------------------------------+---->
> Computer Center W | F
> |
> Klaus-Michael Hatzinger mail: hatzinger_m_at_bmwf1f.bmwf.gv.at |
> Bankgasse 1/209 phone: 0043-222-53120/5188 |
> 1014 Vienna, Austria fax: 0043-222-53120/5155 V

If you don't mind losing data on the calling form, (you can keep your global variables), you COULD do something like :

KEY-PRVBLK

NEW_FORM(FORM_ATTRIBUTE('CALLING_FORM')); KEY-EXIT

EXIT_FORM; This has the special advantage that you can have an unlimited number of forms. There really isn't any reason for using CALL_FORM, (and thus stacking all the forms you just called), unless you still want to allow your user to rollback even after leaving the first form, (assuming you POSTed it).

Probably even more elegant would be to have a table of "what form to call next", and query a value rather than using :SYSTEM.CALLING_FORM, but I guess that depends on how complex your application is.

Scott Stephens (Just my own observations, not the offical Oracle answer). Received on Sun Sep 13 1992 - 03:00:10 CEST

Original text of this message