Trouble with name_in function (re-post)

From: Devan F. Dewey <dewey_at_centerline.com>
Date: 11 Sep 1992 16:55:47 GMT

When I get this error message:

      FRM-41012: Undefined field or variable reference.

this is the only part of my procedure that has executed:

      procedure pref_rate_movement is
        trig char(25);
        blk char(25);
        fld char(35);
        explination char(255);
      begin
        trig := :global.explination_trigger;
        blk := :system.cursor_block;
        fld :=  blk || '.explination';

>>> explination := name_in(name_in('fld'));

I'm trying to put the value stored in the field :hotel.explination into the local variable explination.

What am I doing wrong???

BTW: I've been trying to e-mail this to ORACLE support. Does anyone have an e-mail address for them???

               Devan F. Dewey | Senior Systems Analyst
          CenterLine Software | dewey_at_centerline.com
            10 Fawcett Street | "Leme esplain - no dere is
          Cambridge, MA 02138 | too much. Leme sum up."
                                       -Inigo Montoya