Request for info; Sun, RS6000 or HP9000.

From: John Peach <epeas_at_abds2.aberdeen.chevron.com>
Date: 11 Sep 92 15:17:54 GMT

Before anyone flames me on this, I realise that the only 'true' answer can be gained by running our own benchmarks.......

We are currently considering which Unix platform to use for running an Oracle system which will have c. 100 concurrent users and a database size in the order of 10 gigabytes. Does anyone have experience of similar sized Oracle systems on Sun, RS6000 or HP9000? I would be grateful for any information; response times, hardware configuration, etc.

Reply by mail - I'll summarize.

Thanx in advance.

--
                               John Peach