Need info on UNIX relational databases

From: Victoria Leigh Phillips <vp0o+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 6 Sep 92 14:48:24 GMT

I am doing a project at CMU for Computer Services. To be more specific, they used to have a database on Informix and lost it. Now they are asking my group to rebuild it. However, it is not restricted to Informix. They would like it to be a relational database on the UNIX platform. The database is to keep track of all computers on campus including serial numbers, service contract information, etc. It should also produce any number of queries for the user. I was wondering what else is out there, including the pros/cons and estimated cost of each. Any further information would be wonderful, including other sources of information. Please reply to vp0o_at_andrew.cmu.edu.

Thank you,
Victoria Phillips Received on Sun Sep 06 1992 - 16:48:24 CEST

Original text of this message